Since 2008, we have created an open and welcoming space for students at the University of Oklahoma where they can truly express themselves in anyway they choose.
Second Wind is a Non-Profit coffee shop located in the historic Campus Corner of the University of Oklahoma. Our mission here is to create high quality coffee to the students of the university and to enrich our surrounding community.
Our shop is different from others because we do not have set prices, but recommended donations. We decided this would help provide the less fortunate customers be able to get high quality coffee without the high prices that come with usual specialty shops.
One thing that makes our shop special is that we are a part of First Presbyterian Church of Norman. We act as their college ministry group and host weekly bible studies at the shop. First Pres is our greatest supporter and do everything they can to help us keep our doors open. Check out their website at www.fpcnorman.org.
Facts about our shop
- All of our baristas are student volunteers.
- We partner with local businesses to keep our drinks close to home.
- Our carefully curated art is all submitted by students at the university.
- We have events every week ranging from all types of forms.
- Our shop hosts a weekly bible study every Tuesday night.
- The neighboring church, First Presbyterian Church of Norman, hosts a weekly Sunday lunch for the volunteers and students.
- Our volunteers go on yearly mission trips during school breaks.